Friday, September 07, 2007

Junk food of the week: I Will Follow snacks

These little crispy things often show up at the Please Sit Down store in our neighborhood. I think they're made by a local small business. These ones are labeled "WHERE YOU GO I WILL FOLLOW." Maybe the owner of the company is a U2 fan or even a Little Peggy March fan. Or maybe s/he's just a creepy, stalker-ish type.

Which reminds me of Sting, who once said he was disturbed to learn that people were playing his marvelously creepy stalker anthem "Every Breath You Take" at their weddings. I guess there's a thin line between love and craziness. Maybe thinner for some than others.


Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, I Will Follow snacks don't come close to the line. They're basically little bits of fried dough sprinkled with sugar. They were okay, but I wouldn't follow them wherever they went ... unless it was to a good chocolate shop or something.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the manufacturer is a fan of the Book of Ruth?

Trish said...

Then wouldn't the pastries be like little pillars of salt? Or am I thinking of someone else? I'm afraid all those years of Sunday school didn't stick very well ...

Anonymous said...

That was Lot's wife, silly!
Ruth stayed with her mother-in-law after her husband died; she is the one who said "whither thou goest I will go". It's a good story, if for no other reason than that it's a rare Biblical episode in which women care more about each other than they do about men. Ironically, the passage is often read at weddings.

Trish said...

Probably right after they play "Every Breath You Take."