Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Ten Kitties: Black hole cat


Don't worry, this cat isn't about to slide into an abyss; I took the picture on a slant (maybe I've been watching too much MTV at the gym).

The sidewalks here tend to be concrete slabs over gutters, and sometimes the slabs go missing. Right now there's just a trickle of water in these gutters, along with various kinds of plants and molds and the usual urban detritus such as plastic shopping bags. I suspect during the upcoming rainy season they'll be overflowing.

I do get the feeling we're building toward a change of seasons. It seems to get hotter every day; in the afternoon it gets really windy. I can't remember the last time we got rain in Jakarta. On the one hand, I can't wait, because the rain will clear the air and make it cooler; on the other hand, I have some doubts about the soundness of our roof. Maybe we should lay in a good supply of buckets before the price goes up ...

No comments: