Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Best-T Honey toothpaste: Sweet!

Here’s the answer to those artificial sweeteners that make your toothpaste taste like a chemistry experiment: toothpaste with honey! Because teeth and sugar go together like … er … because sugar is great for … hmm … well, it tastes good!


I bought Best-T in Yangon. It does, in fact, look and taste like honey, and it lists real honey (not artificial flavoring) as an ingredient. It behaved like normal toothpaste, but an hour after I used it, my teeth always felt dirty again. As far as I could tell, I might as well be brushing with a Snickers bar. So it’s back to boring old Pepsodent for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Honey is anti-bacterial. Which is why it is an acceptable, or even beneficial, sweetner in toothpaste. Not like sugar at all, which the bacteria which cause gingivitis and plaque thrive on.